- 3-4 large ripe tomatoes
- 360 g fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese
- 6 g fresh basil leaves
- 20 g ruccola leaves
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pesto Sauce:
- 5 g packed fresh basil leaves
- 1-1/2 cloves garlic
- 20 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 45 ml olive oil
- 15 g pine nuts
- 10 g chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Puff Pastry:
- 250 g (or enough to cut 4 disks, approx. 12 cm dia)
- 30 ml Good Balsamic Vinegar (Aged 6 years or more)
- 20 ml Extra Virgin Oilve Oil
Preheat oven to 190 C.
Cut out round disks of puff pastry and make holes into disks with a fork. Place of baking trays and bake till crisp and golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
Make pesto with the ingredients in a kitchen blender (Oil to be added last), chopping mixture not too finely, it should be a little grainy.
Cut Buffalo Mozzarella into equal bite-sized pieces. Cut tomato into wedges and arrange both on the pastry disks.
Drizzle pesto over tomato-mozzarella. Garnish with basil and ruccola leaves. Drizzle more dressing over leaves and a few drops of Balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil around the plate.