- 240g Onions Minced
- 240g Carrots Minced
- 700ml Chicken Broth
- 90g Butter
- 60g Flour
- 250ml Cream
- 15ml Lemon Juice
- 5ml Worcestershire Sauce
- 3g Cayenne Pepper
- 375g Crab Meat
- Fresh Chives
1. Sautee carrot and onion in butter until soft, set aside.
2.In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter and add flour, whisking constantly over medium heat until roux becomes light brown. Be careful not to burn it.
3. Slowly add chicken broth, whisking constantly to ensure mixture stays smooth.
4. Add onions and carrots, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add cream, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, and crab meat. Simmer for an additional 5-8 minutes.
6. Garnish with fresh minced chives or pepper flakes if desired.