- Spice mix:
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (cut in half if you prefer less spicy)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Blackened Salmon::
- 75 ml orange juice
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 4x 180 g salmon fillets
- 1 tbl brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- Orange Salsa::
- 2 oranges, filleted and cut into small pieces
- 2 tbl red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbl fresh coriander, chopped
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Mix all of the Spices in small bowl. Set aside.
For the Salmon, mix orange juice, oil and 1 1/2 tsp. of the spice mixture in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add salmon; turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
For the Salsa, mix all salsa ingredients and 1 tsp. of the spice mixture in medium bowl. Cover.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Stir brown sugar and orange peel into remaining spice mixture in small bowl. Remove salmon from marinade and place on foil-lined baking pan. Discard any remaining marinade. Rub salmon with seasoning mixture.
Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and is dark brown, almost black on top.
Serve salmon with Orange Salsa and a salad.
Key Source: McCormick