- 70 ml Honey
- 40 ml Prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 10 g Chopped fresh rosemary
- 5 g Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 g Lemon zest
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2300 g Whole leg of lamb
- 6 g Coarse sea salt
1. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, rosemary, ground black pepper, lemon zest and garlic. Mix well and apply to the lamb. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 230°C
3. Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan and sprinkle with salt to taste.
4. Bake at 230°C for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 200°C and roast for 55 to 60 more minutes for medium rare. The internal temperature should be at least 63°C when taken with a meat thermometer. Let the roast rest for abou 5 minutes before carving.