- 1 average sized organic Hokkaido pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 1 large potato, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 750ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 heaped tsps of curry powder (or curry paste)
- 1 - 2 small red chillies, sliced
- A little olive oil
- Croutons to serve
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and gently fry the onions,
chilli and garlic till soft.
2. Add the pumpkin and potatoes to the pan and sprinkle with the
curry powder. Fry gently for just a minute or so.
3. Pour in the coconut milk and stock, cover, then simmer gently
till potatoes & pumpkin are cooked (mine took about 10 mins).
4. Allow the soup to cool down a little then pour into a blender
and blend at high speed till smooth and creamy.
5. Reheat a little if necessary and serve with some fresh croutons
which have been fried in a little olive oil and butter and sprinkled
with herb salt.