- 170 g semisweet chocolate chips
- 100 g white sugar
- 45 ml corn syrup
- 120 ml rum
- 450 g crushed vanilla wafers
- 115 g chopped walnuts (optional)
- 40 g confectioners' sugar
- Place chocolate chips into a microwave-safe medium bowl. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute, stir and then continue to heat at 20 second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Stir in sugar and corn syrup. Blend in rum. Add crushed vanilla wafers and chopped nuts. Mix until evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll the chilled chocolate mixture into bite-size balls. Roll balls in a mixture of ground nuts and confectioner’s sugar, or just plain confectioner’s sugar. Store in a covered container for a week before serving to blend the flavors.