- 2 packets dried bean thread noodles
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 finely chopped cloves garlic
- 200 gram salmon or alternate chicken breast, cut into fine strips
- 100 gram finely sliced spring onions
- 50 gram roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 pc deseeded Thai chilies, cut into fine strips
- 2 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 100 gram hazelnuts, peeled and lightly roasted
Place noodles in large bowl. Cover with cold water; let stand until noodles begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Drain. Transfer to large pot of boiling water; cook until just tender and pliable, about 3 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon or chicken breast strips; stir-fry until cooked, about 2-4 minutes. Transfer to large bowl. Heat 4 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add garlic-oil mixture to bowl with salmon or chicken; cool.
To same bowl, add noodles and shallots, fish sauce, lime juice and sesame oil. Toss to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Season again, if required. Place coriander and spring onions on top of noodles. Decorate with threats of chili and roasted hazelnuts and drizzle remaining sauce over salad and plate.
Can use banana- or palm leaves for decoration on the plate.