- 200 g Flour
- 85 g Butter
- 1 Egg
- 12 Bacon Slices
- 100 g Sliced sausages
- 120 g Shredded Swiss cheese
- 75 g Finely chopped onions
- 500 ml Fresh cream
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour together with a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Rub in the butter until you have a soft breadcrumb texture. Add enough cold water to make the crumb mixture come together to form a firm dough, and then rest it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 190°C
3. Roll out the pastry on a light floured surface and line a 22cm. Don’t cut off the edges of the pastry yet. Chill again.
4. Remove the pastry case from the fridge and line the base of the pastry with baking parchment and then fill it with baking beans or rice. Place on a baking tray and bake blind for 20 minutes. Remove the beans and parchment and return to the oven for another five minutes to cook the base.
5. Sprinkle chopped bacon, sliced sausages, onions and grated cheese into pastry shell.
6. In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Pour mixture into pastry shell.
7. Reduce heat to 175°C. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Allow quiche to sit 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.